Vacation Rental Information
Reservations may be made toll free at (800)317- 2866 Monday through Saturday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. Reservations can also be made 24 hours a day on-line. One half of total rent amount is required to hold your reservation. We rent to family groups, married couples, or mature adults over the age of 25. We do not, under any circumstances, rent to groups for proms, graduations, college house parties, etc. Misrepresentation will result in immediate eviction without refund. We accept checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or cash. All deposits and payments will be placed in an interest bearing trust account, with interest accruing to Cannon & Gruber, REALTORS.
During the peak season, advance reservations are taken for the week only. If the property rents by the night and is available, we will take reservations 3-4 days prior to your arrival. A two night minimum is required.You will be required during the call to make payment in full with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Memorial Day weekend & Labor Day weekend reservations are a three-night minimum.
Termination of Rental
Cannon & Gruber, REALTORS reserves the right to refuse or terminate occupancy if, in our judgment, it could prove detrimental to the property. If the owner of the vacation residence removes his property from availability, or if the property becomes unavailable for any reason, agent reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations or refund deposits.
Taxes include 6.75% NC State tax and a 6% Carteret County Occupancy Tax. All rentals require a mandatory departure cleaning fee. We also collect a $55.00 administrative fee. Rates include linen, cleaning & reservation fee. All fees and taxes are subject to change without notice.
Vacation Rental Damage Protection
Vacation Rental Damage & Protection plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The cost for this plan is a non-refundable fee of $50.00 and the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Any damages that exceed $3,000.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. If you damage the real or personal property assigned to your rental accommodation during the trip, the Insurer will reimburse the lessor of the cost of repairs or the Actual Cash Value of the property, up to $3,000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage of Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/10sdi.)
If you choose not to purchase Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan, then a a mandatory deposit will be due at time of booking. For condominiums, the amount of the Security Deposit is $500.00 and for all cottages the amount is $1000.00. If the property is left undamaged, all check-out procedures observed, all keys, parking passes, swim tags returned and no long distance calls are made, your security deposit will be refunded within 45 days after check out. You will be charged $25.00 to $100.00 for each parking pass, key or swim tag that is damaged or not returned to Cannon & Gruber, REALTORS. Our rental accommodations are privately owned family homes. Please give them the care you would give your own.
If you must cancel your reservation and we are able to rent for the same time period, your deposit less a $100.00 cancellation fee will be refunded. However, if we are unable to rent the property, no money will be refunded. You may transfer your week in the same season for the same property at no charge if the desired week is available.
Trip Cancellation/ Interruption Plan
Cannon & Gruber, REALTORS offers CSA Travel Protection Cancellation/ Interruption Insurance. The Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance is optional BUT strongly recommended. We advise you to purchase this insurance so you and your family will be financially reimbursed in case of unforeseeable events. If you choose not to accept this insurance no refund will be given in the event of unforeseeable cancellations, including hurricane evacuations. Travel insurance charges are automatically added to your advance rental payment, unless you opt not to purchase the insurance.
Absolutely NO PETS! Violation of this rule shall result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all remaining monies and deposits.
Linens are provided. Linen packages include: sheets, pillowcases and towels. Linens are delivered and picked up from your vacation home. During peak season, please allow extra time for the linens to be delivered and the beds to be prepared for your arrival. If you do not have linens by 6PM, please let our office know and we will get them delivered to you as soon as possible. Refunds will NOT be issued for linens delivered after 6PM or if beds are not made prior to check-in. Don't forget to bring your soap, and other paper products, garbage bags, cleaning supplies, staple items, beach towels and beach chairs.
In the event a tenant is locked out of the unit, the tenant can borrow a key by coming to our office. After office hours, a locksmith will be required at tenant's expense. If for some reason a locksmith is unavailable, a rental agent will meet tenant at our office for a charge of $50.
Check In & Out Procedures
Check in time is between 4:00 & 5:00 PM. We must have time to clean, prepare and inspect the property before you arrive. You will need to come directly to our office. Please do not go to the property in advance of your check-in as it may interfere with the cleaning crew. If you will be checking in after 5:00 PM, please contact our office in advance so arrangements can be made. Check out time is 10:00 AM, no exceptions. All of tenants belongings must be removed by 10:00 AM prior to returning keys, parking passes & swim tags to our office. An extra fee will be charged for late checkouts.
Just like your own home, our properties can experience unanticipated breakdowns. All efforts will be made to insure that all equipment and appliances are in working order. Any problems will be resolved as quickly as possible. Anything out of service should be reported to our office immediately. Any necessary repairs deemed caused by guest negligence or abuse will be billed to the guest. Although repairs will be made as quickly as possible, NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS TO ANOTHER UNIT WILL BE MADE.
Parking is limited to two cars at condominiums. Boats, trailers or campers are not allowed in condomimium parking lots. (Call for other arrangements if you would like to bring a boat)
Items Left Behind
If you request, we will attempt to locate an item left and mail it to you. $25 plus the cost of postage will be charged. Items left in homes and not claimed after 30 days are donated to a local charity.
Occupancy is strictly limited to two guests per bedroom in compliance with The Laws and Rules for Sewage Treatment and Disposal Systems. Extra rollaway beds or sleeping bags are not allowed. The only exception is for an infant sleeping in a crib.
Errors and Omissions
We have tried to provide accurate information in this brochure, but we cannot be held responsible for errors, omissions or price changes.
VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDIDTED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
- Disbursement of Rental and Third Party Fees. Tenant authorizes Agent to disburse up to fifty percent (50%) of the rent to the owner (or as the owner directs) prior to the Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises, and the balance of the rent upon commencement of the tenancy, a material breach of this Agreement by Tenant, or as otherwise permitted under the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant agrees to pay a $25.00 processing fee for any check of Tenant that may be returned by the financial institution due to insufficient funds or because Tenant did not have an account at the institution. Tenant also authorizes Agent to disburse prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent for the benefit of Tenant, including but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to Agent for reservation , transfer or cancellation of Tenant’s tenancy.
- Security Deposit. Any security deposit provided may be applied to actual damages caused by Tenant as permitted under the Tenant Security Deposit Act. In addition, Agent may deduct from the security deposit the amount of any unpaid long distance or per call telephone charges and cable television charges that are not specifically described in this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) as being included with the Premises. Agent shall apply, account for, or refund Tenant’s security deposit within 45 days following the end of the tenancy.
- Trust Account. Any advance payment made by Tenant shall be deposited in a trust account with PNC Bank located at 2300 Arendell Street, Morehead City, NC 28557. Tenant agrees that any advance payment may be deposited in an interest-bearing trust account and that any interest thereon shall accrue for the benefit of, and shall be paid to, the owner (or as the owner directs) as it accrues and as often as is permitted by the terms of the account.
- Tenant Duties. Tenant agrees to comply with all obligations imposed by the Vacation Rental Act on Tenant with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to keeping the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the Premises that Tenant uses; and notifying Agent in writing of the need of replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector, and replacing the batteries as needed during tenancy. Tenant agrees not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Tenant’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
- Agent Duties. Agent agrees to provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition. If at the time Tenant is to begin occupancy of the Premises, Agent cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition or substitute a reasonably comparable property in such condition, Agent shall refund to Tenant all payments made by Tenant. Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status of any tenant.
- Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation by Tenant, Tenant shall receive a refund of all payments made by Tenant, less an administration fee of $100.00 if the Premises are re-rented on terms set forth herein. If the Premises are not re-rented on the terms set forth herein, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund of any rent payment made hereunder. Whether or not the Premises are re-rented, Tenant, rather than Agent, shall be responsible for seeking reimbursement of any fees paid by Tenant to Agent for goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent from third parties for the benefit of Tenant that may have been paid out prior to Tenant’s cancellation.
- Transfer of Premises.
- If the owner voluntarily transfers the Premises, Tenant has the right to enforce this Agreement against the grantee of the Premises if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end 180 days or less after the grantee’s interest in the Premises is recorded. If Tenant’s occupancy is to end more than 180 days after such recordation, Tenant has no right to enforce the terms of this Agreement unless the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement. If the grantee does not honor this Agreement, Tenant is entitled to a refund of all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed). Within 20 days after transfer of the Premises, the grantee or the grantee’s agent is required to: (i) notify Tenant in writing of the transfer of the Premises, the grantee’s name and address, and the date the grantee’s interest was recorded; and (ii) advise Tenant whether Tenant has the right to occupy the Premises subject to the terms of this Agreement or receive a refund of any payments made by Tenant. However, if the grantee engages Agent to continue managing the Premises after the transfer, the grantee shall have no obligation under (i) or (ii) above if this Agreement must be honored under the Vacation Rental Act or if the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement.
- Upon termination of the owner’s interest in the Premises, whether by sale, assignment, death appointment of a receiver or otherwise, the owner, owner’s agent or real estate agent is required to transfer all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) to the owner’s successor-in-interest within 30 days, and notify Tenant by mail of such transfer and of the transferee’s name and address. However, if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end more than 180 days recordation of the interest of the owner’s successor-in-interest in the Premises, and the successor-in-interest has not agreed to honor this Agreement, all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) must be transferred within 30 days.
- If the owner’s interest in the Premises is involuntarily transferred prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises, the owner is required to refund to Tenant all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) within 60 days after the transfer.
- Mandatory Evacuation: If State or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the Premises, Tenant shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, Tenant will be entitled to a refund of the prorated rent for each night that Tenant is unable to occupy the Premises because of the order. However, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund if, prior to taking possession of the Premises: (i) Tenant refused insurance offered by Agent that would have compensated Tenant for losses or damages resulting from loss of use of the Premises due to a mandatory evacuation order, or (ii) Tenant purchased such insurance from Agent.
- Expedited Eviction: If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant: (i) holds over in possession after Tenant’s tenancy has expired; (ii) commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in termination of Tenant’s tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement; or (iv) has obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
- Indemnification and Hold Harmless; Right of Entry; Assignment. Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Agent and the owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Tenant’s guests) as a result of any cause, unless caused by the negligent or willful act of Agent or the owner, or the failure of Agent or owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant agrees that Agent, the owner or their respective representatives may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make sure repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Agent or owner may deem appropriate, or to show the Premises to prospective purchasers or tenants. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of Agent.
- Pets: Unless otherwise specifically permitted in this Agreement (including any addendum hereto), no pets shall be allowed on the Premises. Tenant’s breach of this provision shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
- Vacation Rental Damage Protection: This Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Any damages that exceed $3,000.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. If you damage the real or personal property assigned to your rental accommodation during the trip, the Insurer will reimburse the lesser of the cost of repairs or the Actual Cash Value of the property, up to $3,000.00.Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/10sdi). The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly to Cannon & Gruber, REALTORS any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Cannon & Gruber, REALTORS directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
- Addenda: Tenant agrees that Tenant has received and read the Guest Addendum and that it shall constitute an integral part of this Agreement.